What is a pessary?
A pessary is a urodynamic device that is used to prevent incontinence, support a prolapsed uterus or treat any other vaginal issue. This prosthetic component can be inserted during pregnancy, the post-partum period or after a pelvic procedure, in order to effectively secure and protect the uterus.
What are the different types of pessary?
Here at Digitimer, we understand that all urinary conditions are unique, which is why we provide our clients with a wide range of vaginal pessaries in order to cater to your patient’s individual needs.
Pessary rings are one of the most common forms of support pessary, which is why we stock a selection of devices, including:
- Pessary ring sizing kits are purposely designed to provide patients with a suitably-fitted pessary. This enables you to purchase small, medium and large pessaries, offering you and your patients’ the best bladder support device for their vaginal problems
- Steel spring pessary rings are ideal for individuals suffering with mild cases of incontinence or bladder prolapse. This silicone ring pessary is stocked in a selection of sizes from 50 to 100mmand can all be easily fitted by the patient.
- Thick pessary rings are perfect for older women, who are more prone to subsidence of the pelvic floor and urinary leakage.
For more severe pelvic prolapse cases, we provide an array of space-filling pessaries that are used to maintain the vaginal structure. These include:
- Perforated and non-perforated cube pessaries – Ideal for patients who have a weak pelvic floor, as the concave shape of the cube allows the pessary to easily attach itself to the vaginal area. Perforated cube pessaries are beneficial in cases where females experience excess vaginal discharge, as the perforation enables efficient drainage of these fluids
- Club pessaries – required when regular pessaries are not sufficient enough and cube pessaries run the risk of stress incontinence. As the stem is used to secure the pessary without putting too much pressure on the area
Pessaries are not only beneficial for controlling bladder leakage and securing the pelvic floor, they are also ideal for pregnant women facing cervical deficiencies. Our perforated and non-perforated cerclage pessaries are commonly used during pregnancy for women who have given birth multiple times, experienced premature labour or vaginal strain. This type of pessary works to support and secure the cervix during pregnancy and throughout childbirth, by preventing it from shifting and maintaining its place.
Protect your patients with Digitimer’s pessaries
One of the great benefits of a pessary is that you do not have to be a qualified gynaecologist to insert them correctly. Which means you can either insert them for your patient, or they can do it on their own with the correct guidance from you.
Our pessaries can provide you with effective protection in one simple application, whilst offering you the best solutions for a wide range of vaginal conditions.
Request a quote today for any of our pessary products or for further information on our pessaries and additional urology devices, you can get in touch by calling us on 01707 328 347.