This single-axis water hydraulic micromanipulator is combined with a three-dimensional manual coarse manipulator for patch clamping applications under low magnifications, such as when using a stereo microscope. Even at low magnifications, vibration is a critical problem, so a large and rigid manual manipulator is used to prevent it. The rotation mechanism makes exchanging pipettes easier, and the water hydraulic 5:1 cartridge system enables more stable and precise operation. An angle adjustment mechanism is equipped on the fine movement section so that an angle can be added for the fine movement section only, while coarse section retains its vertical position. This allows the manipulator angle to be changed between horizontal and vertical while the manipulator itself remains firmly fixed in position.
- When used with a stereo microscope, GJD-1 Magnetic “Bridge” Stand and P-1C Height Adjustment Plate are required (both sold separately).
- Can be attached directly to the GJ-2 magnetic stand (sold separately).
- AP-13-3/AP-14 patch clamp headstage holder (sold separately) can be attached.
- H-13 Electrode Holder
- Clamp Rod
- Hex Wrench
- Coarse X38mm, Y25mm, Z28mm, with tension adjustment mechanism
- Fine 2mm
- Full rotation of knob 50µm
- Minimum graduation 0.2µm
- Control unit W70 × D115 × H100mm, 1.15kg
- Drive unit W190 × D145 × H200mm, 1.15kg
- Hydraulic tube length 0.9m