Drift and electromagnetic disturbance are critical problems in patch clamping work. This mechanical micromanipulator was developed specifically for patch clamping: it does not employ a liquid hydraulic system (which is prone to drift caused by temperature changes), has no spring (a common cause of mechanical drifting), nor a motor (which is a source of noise). Its body is designed to absorb vibrations, so that even at high magnifications, problems of jittering are virtually non-existent. Based on a drum type design, which is highly reputed as a liquid hydraulic method, and with a very stable center of gravity, this model provides exceptionally steady and stable performance. The overall design is compact, so installation requires a minimum of space. With coarse and fine manipulators integrated in the compact body, this model handles a full range of required movements, from moving a microelectrode into the microscope view field to making contact with the cell.
- For attachment to the microscope, a suitable adaptor is required (Type C2, sold separately).
- The micromanipulator can be mounted directly on the isolation table.
- This model can be firmly fixed to any part of the isolation table with NMN-C magnetic stand (sold separately).
- AP-14/AP-13-3 patch clamp headstage holders can be attached on the UST-2 solid universal joint, incorporated in the manipulator.
Achieving low vibration operation
The slider, which is one of the main mechanisms of a micromanipulator, actually consists of two independent sliders ? one used inside, the other outside. When the operator touches the control knob, which is connected to one slider, vibrations are caused. To overcome this problem, the control knob is fixed independently, separate from the slider.
Included Accessories: UST-2 Solid Universal Joint, Fixing Plate, H-13 Electrode Holder, Hex Wrench
- Coarse: X15mm, Y15mm, Z15mm
- Full rotation of knob approx. 4mm
- Fine: X6mm, Y6mm, Z6mm
- Full rotation of knob: 250µm
- Minimum graduation: 1µm
Dimensions/Weight: W110 × D170 × H105mm, 930g