As successor to the Pulse program family, Patchmaster offers additional features meeting the highest standards of modern electrophysiology. This new software, running on PC-based and Macintosh computers, includes all familiar functions of Pulse, but offers a variety of novel tools aimed at making your electrophysiological research versatile and efficient.
With Patchmaster, experimental design, performance, and analysis become far more flexible, allowing for a high degree of automation and providing access to experimental protocols that were impossible in other software packages.
Just three clicks to whole-cell configuration. When used with HEKA’s fully computer controlled amplifiers Patchmaster comes with pre-defined protocols which automate the major steps needed to establish the desired recording configuration. This gives the user room to draw his full attention to tasks such as approaching the cell and forming a giga-seal whereas adjustments on the amplifier and in the software are automated.
The Amplifier and I/O Control dialog windows gives you direct access to the hardware. Other devices like perfusion systems can also be controlled by the software in an exactly timed manner. Patchmaster’s Pulse Generator offers extremely versatile stimulation, acquisition, including online data processing with up to 32 channels. Individual stimulation/acquisition sequences can be directly linked with appropriate analysis methods. The Online Analysis allows to pre-define different analysis methods that can plot the results to the notebook and display them in up to 12 individual graphs. Experiment control, automation and standardization can be achieved with the powerful programmable Protocol Editor which allows to interconnect different tasks in Patchmaster in a convenient way.
Patchmaster’s data file can be directly read by Fitmaster which can be used for more detailed analysis of the data. Analysis results will be added to the data tree assuring a direct link between raw data and derived results. Export functions allow to transfer the data to other programs such as IGOR, MatLab, or save the date and results as ASCII files.
- Full software control of iTEV 90, EPC 10, EPC 9, and EPC 800 amplifiers
- Supports clusters of EPC 10 amplifies and EPS 16 probe selectors
- All other amplifiers (e.g. EPC 8, EPC 7 Plus, or other brand) are supported in combination with an ITC-18, ITC-16, LIH 1600, or LIH 8+8 interface
- Runs on Windows 7, 8 and on Mac OS X > 10.6 (requires a free USB port for the dongle)
- Just three clicks to a whole-cell configuration
- Pulsed and continuous acquisition modes
- Automated filter adjustment to obey Nyquist theorem
- Stimulation with recorded AP waveforms
- Fast switching between current and voltage clamp
- Chart display
- Reference trace/series subtraction
- Online data averaging
- p/n leak subtraction
- Flexible analysis with up to 12 online graphs
- Versatile programming interface for task automation
- Includes the following extensions:
- Software Lock-In Amplifier
- Photometry Extension
- Solution Database